Now widely used by garden clubs, this pledge originally appeared in the Boy Scout Handbook of 1948:
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resource of
my country: its air, soils, and minerals; its forests, waters, and wildlife.
Welcome to the Sharon Garden Club
Watercolor artwork license donated by Mary Kelly. Copyright 2013 Mary Kelly. All rights reserved.
Double click here to edit this text.
- Always open for visitors: Walkabout at Ellen Schoenfeld-Beeks’
- June 10: Walkabout at Beverly Weismann's, noon-3
- June 18: Walkabout at Linda Crowley's, 5-7:30
- June 21: Pat Dougherty and Sharon Steih lead us to gardens developed and maintained by the Club, 5 p.m. at center traffic light
- July 15: Walkabout at Albert Armstrong's 38 Brook Road, 1-4 PM
- July 14: TAKE A HIKE ON THE WILD SIDE Ed Burr guides us to the summit of Rattlesnake Hill. 9-11 AM at Mountain Street trailhead.
- July 20: Walkabout at Marion Blatchford's, 4:30-7:30
- July 21: Walkabout at Susan Drisco's, 3-5